Key takeaways for CloudSpokers? Here's what we think you'll find interesting:
- Box is investing up to $2 million to drive the development of meaningful apps on the Box platform
- Box is offering high-touch consultation to app developers leveraging the Box APIs, and exposure to the hundreds of thousands of companies that use Box everyday
- /bin already has some great partners as part of the program:
And with impeccable timing, we also would like to showcase some of the great ideas that came out of our recent Box challenge: Design Ideas for a Box Toolkit for Force.com. There were some fantastic submissions, here are some of the highlights - congrats to all the winners!
Third place: ashu15oc
- "The toolkit should have a tool which will allow users to decide their User Interface. Many times the positon/location of any tool is FIXED (i.e. as decided by the platform/tool/product developer). I feel that the user should have get the power to decide what & where he wants."
Second place: hirday
- "Add Document Button - Add Document buttons can be displayed on pages to initiate the creation of a new document, import existing documents from your PC, or establish a reference to a paper document, all filed in Box with corresponding attributes from Salesforce applied."
First place: vo1stv
- "Certainly, there should be an ability for any document present on the shared Box repository to be voted on using a simple rating scale. For more substantive documents, there should also be a capability for more substantial reviews: question and answers, with a tracking system similar to a ticket system to allow people to see how their concerns impacted the final product. This ties into the versioning control system, which should at a minimum allow milestone versions of a document to be tagged, thus providing a timeline for the document."