Naveen is the CEO of Astrea IT Services and the International winner of our “Code your way to Dreamforce” competition that we launched over the summer sending two lucky developers to Dreamforce and in great fashion. After an extremely tight race for 30 days, Naveen was determined to be our International Winner and ended up accomplishing his goal. We couldn't just let that be the end of it, so we asked Naveen to author a Guest Blog for us and luckily he agreed!
Since the beginning of July many of our customers were asking me “Are you going to be at Dreamforce”? So when CloudSpokes announced “Code your way to Dreamforce”, I was very excited about it. I had to put in numerous late nights and weekends during the contest. The competition was intense with at least three participants having a very good shot at winning the coveted title until the very end. Fortunately my scores ended up marginally higher and I managed to win the very keenly contested competition.
Attending your first Dreamforce is once in a lifetime experience. This year there were more than ninety thousand registrants. There is something for everyone at Dreamforce – the keynotes introducing major products announcements and customer case studies, hands on tutorials, display of hundreds of path-breaking partner solutions at the Cloud Expo, developer zone with developer theatre, late night parties. It was also rumoured that Endeavour’s historic flight over San Francisco on Dreamforce Friday was planned by Marc Benioff.
For me the most exciting part of the conference was attending the keynotes and meeting people. It was extremely enriching and energizing to hear from visionaries like General Colin Powel, Jeff Immelt, Marc Benioff, Sir Richard Branson and Anthony Robbins. The main keynote by Marc Benioff and Platform keynote were especially interesting.
Many of our customers we have been supporting for couple of years now, and it was great to meet them for the first time at Dreamforce. Dreamforce turned out to be a wonderful opportunity to meet our partners, customers and also make some new friends.
Salesforce made many key announcements at the event. The biggest of these were –
- Launch of Marketing cloud a completely new offering based upon Salesforce acquisition of Radian 6 and Buddy Media. With time this is expected to become a market leader like the Sales Cloud.
- Making Salesforce touch enabled – this represents a new paradigm in Enterprise applications. Salesforce will be enabling features over the next year or so that will enable touch enabled apps on the Force.com platform.
- Launch of Work.com – a performance management system built using Salesforce acquisition of Rypple.
- Chatterbox will allow storing and sharing of files across the Enterprise similar to Dropbox.
- Chatter Communities will allow organizations to collaborate with customers and partners using Chatter.
The CloudSpokes team was extremely supportive before and during the event. All the expenses including those expensive long distance flights, the stay at my hotel in San Francisco, my Dreamforce registration, as well as a $500 visa giftcard, were taken care by CloudSpokes. It definitely made all the effort spent in the contests for “Code your way to Dreamforce” worth it.
Thank you CloudSpokes!
Thank you CloudSpokes!